Tuesday 1 December 2009

Stick 26


Twin brothers Stan and Alf Mutton from Rotherham England have found a stick with an amusing tale attached about how they found a stick. Tell us Stan and Alf the amusing tale about how you both found a stick.

Stan: Alf, my twin brother and myself were walking home from work last Tuesday and as we were passing the Londis supermarket we both spied separately the stick. Since discovering the fine work you are doing here at Found A Stick Alf, my twin brother and I have both been keeping our eyes peeled for a stick to share with you. In fact it became a matter of small and friendly rivalry between us just who might find a stick first. As you can see the stick is a broad V shaped one. I only noticed the left hand folk and assuming it was just a straight forward stick I bent down to pick it up. At that same moment Alf, my twin brother noticed the right hand fork of the stick and he too assumed it was a straight forward stick and he too bent down to retrieve the stick, both of us calling out in victory towards the other at our find. Imagine then our hilarity when we found ourselves clutching either end of the same stick!

Alf: Stan, my twin brother and I were walking home from work last Tuesday and as we were passing the Londis supermarket we both separately spied the stick. Stan my twin bother, and myself have both been keeping our eyes peeled for a stick to share with you since discovering the fine work you are doing here at Found A Stick. In fact it became a matter of friendly and small rivalry between us just who might find a stick first. As you can see the stick is a broad V shaped one. I only noticed the right hand folk and I bent down to pick it up assuming it was just a straight forward stick. At that same moment Stan, my twin brother noticed the left hand fork of the stick and he too assumed it was a straight forward stick and he too bent down to retrieve the stick, both of us calling out in victory towards the other at our find. Imagine then our hilarity when we found ourselves clutching either end of the same stick!

Two interesting perspectives on finding a stick from Stan and Alf there and a side splitting anecdote both brothers will be dining out on for days if not weeks to come, I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment